Saturday, June 7, 2008

FedEx every day! Yesterday it was the remaining components of a custom necklace I made for a fashion show on TV (stay tuned for info about the airing - should be sometime in the fall) and today the information to complete a beautiful and complex pave ring design. I love love love working on such wonderful pieces!!

A note on the piece for the TV show - wow, was that hard to complete! I got a voicemail late Thursday afternoon and connected with the contact working with the producers on Friday May 23 around 10am. The necklace had to be completed by Thursday May 29, and there was a holiday in between, a part of the necklace had to be picked up by Friday afternoon - overall MAJOR time crunch! On top of it, the producers wanted to see 'samples' of my work before deciding! :-) I offered to send the samples, but said if they wanted me to do the piece and have it ready for the shoot on the 29th, I'd have to start before 4pm on the 23rd. Apparently they made the decision to go with me (perhaps anyone else had already said no?), and I worked my tail off to get it done in time.

I heard back from them a few days after delivering it that the shoot was a complete success, the necklace was a delight to the person on the show to whom it was presented and everyone loved it! YES!

I'm working on finding out about posting an image of the necklace once the show airs...
Digg StumbleUpon Facebook Google Bookmark Technorati Delicious Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx

No comments:

ShareThis