Sunday, February 8, 2009

So it's not related...but I wanted to share


In the spirit of sharing things that bring me great joy I wanted to write a quick note about a book I read recently that has openned up a whole new literary category for me: serial fiction.

The book is The Denver Cereal, by one of my social networking buddies (from Plurk). A wonderful woman by the name of Claudia Hall Christian. Originally the work was published a chapter a week, divided into 6 daily segments. The book, which is available at www.denvercereal.com, is also there as a download or to be read on the site for free. I happen to prefer real books, so ordered a copy, and could NOT put it down. I was immediately immersed in the world of the main characters Jill and Jacob, and have since not been able to get enough.

As soon as I finished the book, I turned to the website to catch up with the current writing. The book ends at chapter 26, so you can pick up and read from chapter 27 onward on the daily posts. Now I get the daily installment in my email inbox (but must admit, most days I can't wait for it to come in the early evening, I've already been to the website and read it - twice).

I highly recommend getting a copy of the book to support the writer, and since you can start it for free to see if you like it, what have you got to loose? :-)

(Image is the book cover, used with permission of the author, Claudia Hall Christian.)

Digg StumbleUpon Facebook Google Bookmark Technorati Delicious Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx

No comments:

ShareThis